Ant Control is carried out in the summer months and I don’t blame them the weather is warmer and more food outside.
Garden or black ants are not thought to carry diseases but you wouldn’t want them marching through your food cupboards and work surfaces.
Ants will travel a long way in the search for food, following trails they have established around the food source. They can become a nuisance in homes, organisations or businesses causing thousands of pounds in damage.
Ants can cause a problem, whether you think you have a small issue or a larger problem MIDS Pest Control can find the right solution for you.
What are ants?
- Garden or black ant is 3-6 mm size and the queens 10 -15 mm long.
- They are dark brown/black in colour.
- Queen’s nest over winter in the soil.
- The eggs are laid in late spring.
- The larvae hatch 3-5 weeks later.
- Larvae feed on secretions from the queen’s salivary glands until the first worker ants emerge.
- Worker ants continue with larval care, nest building and food foraging until they are eaten by something.
- Fertile males are produced later in the season which is why they swarm in later summer.
Ants No More
Ant Bait Station is placed outdoors by simply sticking it in the ground, or indoors by inserting it into the soil of a planter. Place wherever foraging ants are causing problems – around homes, buildings, near shrubs, trees, flower beds or planter boxes. Foraging ants enter the Ant Bait Station, take the bait from one of two compartments and carry it back to the nest. The Ant Bait Station eliminates the heart of the problem – the colony.
To carry out one visit to install 12 ‘ants no more’ bait stations.
To carry out one visit to top up ‘ants no more’ bait stations or to carry out a spray treatment for Ants
Select a date to book an appointment